Friday, August 19, 2011

Ben's 6 month information

Ben had a great check up this week. He was pronounced "perfect" by his pediatrician.

Height- 28 inches ( 75-90%)
Weight 19# 12 oz ( 75%)
Head- 46 cm ( 90%)

He is overall bigger than Ainsley was at 6 months. She was 27.5 inches, 18#3.2oz, and her head was 44.5 cm. Ainsley was greater than 90% though, I guess they do boys and girls on different percentages.

At 6 months, Ben still does not have teeth. He is still working hard on getting them and had a really fussy week. We were worried he had an ear infection because he was unhappy, not eating, wanting to cuddle and lethargic. A trip to the doctor before his 6 month check up showed that he was fine except for his teething.

He has a full head of dark brown hair- it is thickening in nicely.
His eyes are still a beautiful blue with a few brown specs.
He sits up great and can support himself on his legs and even move them in a "walk" when you help him.
He can now say nananana, and today said mamamama for the first time.

Just after I did my last post, Ben and Ainsley got sick. I spoke too soon about Ben having been healthy. They had fevers and no other symptoms for 4.5 days. Not sure what it was, but lucky for everyone they did not feel too bad. Dan and I have colds this week, so I suppose they may have had colds too- but they did not have any congestion or nasal discharge.

I was home with the kids today and I felt awful. It is my third day of a cold. I was so tired this morning I felt that I was going to fall asleep at any moment. Add to that sinus pressure and headache with hyper 3 year old and Ben. It was a terrible morning. Luckily, I got a short power rest when Ben took a nap around 11. I did not sleep, but rested. Ainsley watched tv. When I got up, I had 2 diet cokes for caffeine and then I actually felt that I could make it through the rest of the day. I even played limbo with Ainsley. We had a super active day and I am now totally exhuasted.

Ben was super happy today. He was giggling and laughing all day and the smiles came easily for the first time in a while. Still no teeth, but he may be a little more comfortable.

No comments: