This is her on a walk- she takes her own stroller now and puts her babies in it. She wanted to wear the hat and glasses too!

She likes to say "Shoo." I tell the grackles in our yard to "go away, shoo" so she now says that whenever we see grackles. She also likes to "shoo" mommy or daddy away when she wants private time. It is pretty funny when she says it to me.
I set up Ainsley's art easel in the yard and she painted some a few weeks ago. She loved it and actually stayed pretty clean.
She also did amazing paintings!

My parents visited and Ainsley helped us do some gardening. She enjoyed following Papa around and putting some plants in!



Our Easter Egg hunt with our playgroup. Ainsley loved hunting the eggs. She did not really care what was inside, she just enjoyed finding them. On Easter morning, we hid and re-hid the eggs all day. We continued to hide the eggs inside and outside for at least a week. She still wants to "find eggs!"


I have started putting Ainsley in school ( daycare) one morning a week. I dropped her off last week on my way to work for the first time. It did not go as well as the previous visit where there was no crying. This time there was lots of screaming and "Mommy don't go." It broke my heart. I called about an hour later to check on her and they said she stopped crying a few minutes after I left, thank goodness!
Her Nannie picked her up from school at 12:30- so she was there about five hours. When she saw Nannie the first thing she said was, "Nannie! Mommy left me!" Ouch!
When she got to her Nannies, she was amazingly hyper- talking and running and playing. I think she had a great time at school. She did a really cute arts and crafts project and they did an easter egg hunt there too- of course she loved that. Unfortunately, she learned about hitting in one morning. She said that a boy hit her in the head (grrrrr) and then she went around hitting things in the house. Luckily, that did not last and I did not see any other hitting during the week.
Ainsley has started pointing at everything and saying "what this mean" ( what is this). She also started with Why and Why not 1-2 months ago. It makes for interesting conversations.
Ainsley still loves to read and will do her own reading of a lot of stories. Her favorites are Cinderella, Green Eggs and Ham and Lady and the Tramp. It is so cute to hear her interpretation. I have some recordings and I will see if I can post them.
We celebrated Dan's birthday last week and Ainsley did a great abstract acrylic painting for him.

Dan and I had a date night ( amazing!) on Friday and went to Opal Divine's downtown for happy hour- it was a gorgeous afternoon/evening. Then we had a great dinner at Z Tejas- surf and turf with ancho chile pie
A video of Ainsley reading Cinderella.
2 comments:
Ainsley must take after all the artists in the family.
Ainsley has had a busy spring!
Post a Comment