I wanted to post a few cute stories about Ainsley- she is really just amazing!
Auntie Sara mailed Ainsley a postcard. I took the kids in the stroller down to the mailbox to get the mail. I gave Ainsley the cute postcard- two fish with googly eyes! She asked me to read it to her so I read it on our walk back. Sara asked if Ainsley had been going to the pool, talked about having fun swimming with her when she was here, and asked if Ben had any teeth yet. I only read it one time.
That night when Dan got home, he saw the postcard and asked Ainsley what it said. She pretty much recited the entire card from memory on her own. Amazing ! She has such a good memory and is soooo smart!
Ainsley also acts so grown up sometimes it is funny/scary. We were sitting at the dinner table a few weeks ago and Ainsley was being pretty loud. Dan and I were trying to talk but it was impossible with her chattering/singing, just making noise. It seems like when Dan and I try to talk, Ainsley becomes louder and louder. We have been trying to work on this. Anyway, I told Ainsley to keep it down because we want to be able to talk at the table. Of course, she asked Why? We explained that it is nice to sit and talk together at the table to discuss our day. That way I can tell them about my day, Dan can tell us about his day, she can tell us about hers, etc. We always ask her about her day with the Nanny to try and engage her in conversation and have her tell us about her projects, etc. Most times she says she did not do anything or can't remember so we have to encourage her.
The next night we sat down to dinner. Ainsley looked right at me and said, Mom- how was your day? I was so startled I looked at Dan and he and I shared a big smile. I told Ainsley all about my day at work. She looked directly at me the whole time and nodded her head and smiled. When I was done, she looked at Dan and said- How was your day Dad? He went through the same routine! Then she told us a little about her day. It was just so cute - she sounded so grown up.
1 comment:
Dave and I love it, what a little smartie! How was Ainsley's day today? She is so smart and sooo cute! I sent her another post card, so be sure to check the mail. Love you!
Post a Comment