We started our first vacation since Ainsley's birth yesterday. I am happy to report the travel went better than could be expected! We left for the airport in the morning- Ainsley got a very short nap on the way there. There was no one in line at security and the security agents were really pleasant- CRAZY! The lady took our id's, reviewed them, wished me a happy upcoming birthday ( can you believe she noticed???) told us to have a great trip, etc. Amazing. Our flight was on time and Ainsley did well on her first flight. She was a little fussy, but easily entertained. I think she was fussy because she was tired.
We stopped in Dallas but did not deplane. I was able to walk around with Ainsley and she fell asleep in my arms. She slept through the majority of the next flight. She had no problems going up or down! Whew, what a relief.
When we arrived - ON TIME- my Dad met us and we had a nice lunch in downtown Little Rock. Ainsley was fun and happy. We started for the fairly long drive to my parent's house and Ainsley fell asleep in her carseat and slept the entire drive- 1 hr and 15 minutes, a long nap for her. She was an awesome traveller!
The weather here is spectacular- when we arrived yesterday, it was 70 degrees, the high for the day was 75. Today was about 75 too. We played tennis and then spent a few hours on the boat with my Dad. (My Parent's live on a huge lake that is surrounded by beautiful trees and lots of hills). I read some and played with Ainsley while on the boat. What a great way to spend the afternoon.
My parents are really enjoying their granddaughter and are showing her off at every opportunity.
2 comments:
I have discovered in my travels that Austin airport security is the most pleasant that you may encounter. Hopefully, that does not diminish the job that they are supposed to be doing! Glad to hear that Ainsley is such a good traveler--both for her parents and her fellow travelers!
I told you that she would do well traveling! I'm glad you are having fun!
Post a Comment