We had a very nice Halloween! I don't know that Ainsley had more fun than on a usual day, but we sure had fun dressing her up!
We went to a pumpkin patch a few weeks ago- here are some pictures. I was a little disappointed that Ainsley wasn't more excited to see them- she was a little underwhelmed. Oh well, we had fun.
Ditto with the costume-not excited. Dan has known for months what costume he wanted for Ainsley- a turtle costume. When she was starting to lift her head and torso while laying on her stomach he always called her "turtle." We found an awesome costume on e bay and here she is!
Dan was originally taking Friday off, but got stuck with a bunch of work this week and had to go in. He actually had a terrible work week- he got home at 8:30 Wednesday night and 10:30 Thursday night. He did not get to see Ainsley either evening.
I took Ainsley to see her Nannie and dressed her in her costume for a little while- she did not like the hat and was pulling at the body suit.
Then, we went to work for a visit. Ainsley was distracted enough by the people that she left the costume alone- she was really the most adorable little turtle!
Last night, we dressed Ainsley up and sat on our porch to hand out candy. After Ainsley went to bed, Dan and I went to a neighbors Halloween Party. We dressed up as Dr McDreamy and scrub nurse. I didn't think I could pull off being one of the major female characters and did not really have another good costume idea. Dan looked great. I felt like I was going to work. We arrived at the party and saw very extensive costumes and makeup. We also found out that there was sort of an 80s theme to the party. That would have been nice to know...
There was teen wolf, Cruella Deville, Al and Peg Bundy, a basketball player ( on stilts and he stayed on them all night), Beetlejuice, Jack Sparrow, and lots of other very impressive costumes. We had a good time- we visited with the neighbors and met lots of other interesting people. We stayed out late -11:30-and I am suffering from lack of sleep this morning. I got woken up at 2 by Dan getting up for a snack ( low blood sugar), then I could not go back to sleep. I finally did and Ainsley woke up at 4, then 5, then 5:45.
3 comments:
We need a picture of the Grey's Anatomy cast, too!
I agree w/ Jen! Ainsley looks so cute though!
Okay its been long enough...where are the pictures of you two...I loved Ainsley's turtle...LOL
Post a Comment