Ainsley is now a 1 year old! I can not believe that time has passed so quickly. All week I have been thinking about last year and my last few days before Ainsley came. I feel like I should write everything down (again) so that I don't forget. Right now all the memories of the last week are very clear and I don't want them to fade with time. I should probably look back at my journal from last year to reassure myself that the memories are documented!
Ainsley is truly a toddler - she is a walking and babbling machine. She is into everything, she wants to eat everything, she mimics us, she cries when she doesn't get what she wants and has even stomped her feet a few times when she is unhappy. She is starting to say lots of different words and she makes her wishes known.
Ainsley is truly a toddler - she is a walking and babbling machine. She is into everything, she wants to eat everything, she mimics us, she cries when she doesn't get what she wants and has even stomped her feet a few times when she is unhappy. She is starting to say lots of different words and she makes her wishes known.
She likes to bend over and stand on her head- don't know how she learned that, but it is cute.
This picture was too cute. Brie still likes to nap on the changing pad. Ainsley loves it when she gets to pet Brie while we change her diaper. Sometimes Brie will give up and move, but recently, she has been staying. Even though this is a picture and not a video, I think you can tell a lot from Brie's posture. You can even see the tip of her tail as it is twitching- she is quite annoyed. Of course, Ainsley is having a great time giggling away.
We are having a birthday party for Ainsley on Saturday so we will do most of our celebration then. However, we gave her a cupcake last night and boy did she LOVE it. She was fascinated by the colorful frosting and put as much of the cupcake into her mouth as would fit. She ate quite a bit of it and made a big mess. I can't wait to see what she thinks of her cake. The presentation of " the cupcake." Check out her eyes! She is fascinated!
Give it to me now! Who cares about the song.
The first bite- she dove right in!
MMMM, this is so good!
I tried to help her get some of the cake and not just frosting. I think she still got mostly frosting.
Sara- do you think she likes sweets??
I am attempting to make a fantastic and creative cake. I made the cake last night and today we will fill and frost the cake, then make a turtle for the topping. Luckily I have a friend from work who is going to help me do most of the decorating- I will definitely post pictures!
2 comments:
I can't believe she is ONE year either. Congratulations! I feel like that one year party was as much for the parents as it is for the kid.
Can't wait to see the cake photos. I'm sure it is fantastic.
This is a great post. Thanks so much for sharing, like always.
Post a Comment