Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ainsley's 3rd birthday

Ainsley's third birthday was February 5th. We started the day with Shipley's donuts- yum! Ainsley's donut was pink with sprinkles! Nannie and Granddad came over late morning to help us celebrate. Of course, Mommy, Daddy and Grandma were here too.

Opening gifts- it took quite a bit of coaxing to get her to open more than 1. She was happy with her first gift- a puzzle- and spent the next 30 minutes putting it together over and over.

Fairy wings


Her computer- the thing she had been asking for! She loves it and takes it with her all over.


being like Daddy
No cake on her actual birthday because her party was the next day. Instead, I made a cookie in the shape of a 3. This picture was taken after she had started eating it. She looks great but ignore me - I look exhausted.



We had her birthday party on Sunday, the 6th at My Gym. We did not want to have the party at our house with Ben and My Gym sounded like a fun party. It was awesome! We had a great turnout of friends of ours and Ainsley's. She had a fantastic time! My mom stayed home with Ben and I was able to slip away for the party. Luckily, Ben slept the entire time I was gone! What a good baby!

Bubbles!
A Game
A large tent that was filled with stuffed animals kept all the girls' attention for a while. During this time there were car rollercoaster rides too- everyone loved that! Ainsley was collecting the animals- every time I took a picture, she was surrounded by more animals!





Three little monkeys!



The party was all about her and she was a trooper! At one point, she was pulled around the room on a sled with balloons while everyone sang happy birthday to her! So cute!




Of course, she loved the cake. We got a princess cake at her request.
The party guests!

We did not open gifts at the party so the kids could all play more. We brought the gifts home for Ainsley to open and - most are still unopened. I keep asking her if she wants to open them and she says, "No, Maybe tomorrow." I finally opened a few of them for her last night.

On Monday, Ainsley had another birthday celebration at school. I made cupcakes for the class and they had a little party for her!

I think she had a great third birthday!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Such great photos! Ainsley gets cuter every day! Hugs!