I started working with Ben on sleep training this week to try and get him to fall asleep on his own. It has been working pretty well.
Ben loves to smile and interact with us. We play tickle games and make noises. He starts smiling in anticipation when he thinks you are going to tickle him- it is so cute. He loves it when you talk baby talk to him and he smiles and coos. He has started sticking his tongue out too- trying to mimic my tongue as it moves.
At 10 weeks, he started drooling quite a bit. I think he may be starting to teethe (Ainsley teethed early too).
Just before he was 11 weeks old, Ben slept through the night! He slept from 10 pm- 6 am. It was fantastic. He has done that a few times since, or at least close ( 10-5 or 9-5). I am hoping he consistently sleeps through the night by the time I go back to work- in 2 WEEKS- YIKES.
Ben sucked his thumb for the first time on 4/14. He has been trying but has not been successful until yesterday. I hope this helps with his falling asleep on his own. Usually he sucks on his fist.
Grandma arrived for a visit when Ben turmed 2 months old. She was in Texas for about 2 weeks, She split the time between us and Sara ( still in San Antonio). We had a great visit!
Ben doing some tummy time- which he usually hates. He seemed content this time- hence, the pictures.
Some things never change- Brie, sleeping on the changing pad.
Ainsley has been doing ok. She still has strep throat. A long course of clindamycin did not clear the infection. We saw and ENT and he said she has strep colonized in her tonsils and so treatment options would be 2 months of antibiotics or tonsillectomy. The antibiotics may or may not work, could cause GI issues with her, and our pediatrician is worried about her becoming sensitive to them ( as she is already somewhat sensitive to penicillin products). Thus, she would not have any real antibiotic options in the future. Surgery would be curative. After talking to the ENT, I spoke with our pediatrician and she said definitely do the surgery vs the antibiotics ( for above reasons). So, Ainsley is scheduled for surgery next week. Kids her age do great with the surgery and recover quickly. She will be out of school for a week - which should work as I will still be off.
Poor baby, I know she does not feel 100%, she has a low grade fever and I am sure her throat bothers her some. I can't wait for her to be better.
Ainsley in a cute school outfit.
before school
After school. One of the teachers does the girls hair. It always looks fantastic-I have no idea how she makes it so perfect
The most recent Ben picture- 11 weeks old
A gorgeous family picture from this week. Ainsley saw a little girl with a painted face when we were eating out one day. She really liked it and has been asking me to paint her face like a cat every evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment