Ben is sleeping great at night. Recently, he has been sleeping 10-11 hours at night. He is up for 1.5-2 hours at a time during the day, then he usually takes 45 min- 1 hour nap. Sometimes he takes a longer afternoon nap but that varies. He has started going to bed around 8:30 at night which is fabulous if we get Ainsley to bed then too. Then I have a little me time- usually used to catch up and do things for the next day, but I can have a glass of wine sometimes, or maybe even watch some "me" tv!
Ben loves to be on his playmat and look at the lights and listen to the music. He loves to watch Ainsley and focuses really well on faces even from a few feet away.
Easter Sunday. Ainsley and I were cats
Painting!
Cute baby boy. He looks so alert and handsome in this picture!
Ainsley loving on her baby brother

I was tickling both of them- they loved it! I wish I had a third arm so I could record it- the giggles were precious. Ben is just starting to have a little laugh and of course, he has the most beautiful smile. He smiles all the time and it just brightens my day.

Ainsley is still recovering from surgery. She is not doing as well as I was expecting. I thought she would feel bad for a few days ( the doctors said recovery is usually very fast). However, she is still pretty miserable and it will have been a week tomorrow. Her throat is still a bit swollen and very sore. She is not eating, not even much soft and delicious food ( ice cream, pudding, popsicles, etc). She is hardly drinking either. It is pretty much impossible to get her to take her pain medicine regularly which does not help- we've tried it in everything. She does not want to talk. I feel terrible for her because I know her throat hurts but it is so frustrating that she will not listen or take her medicine- as that is all I can do to help her throat. She has been extremely cranky for the past week, making my days very long and exhausting. I keep thinking tomorrow will be better, and I guess each day things change, but there has not really been any huge improvement yet. Maybe tomorrow. I hate that she is still suffering.
We recheck with the surgeon on Friday.
1 comment:
All of the pictures are GREAT! I really love the last pic of Ainsley and Ben...looks like Ben is reaching for just a bit of Ainsley's Teddy (share)! Oh my! I send lots of love and hope that Ainsley gets better soon! Big hugs to my gal and her brother!
Post a Comment