I think we have officially turned a life corner- the babies seemed to be the focal point of the party. Everyone stared at them when they arrived sleeping, then we spent lots of time holding and cuddling them. I was holding one of the babies and I watched her kicking and moving her arms, thinking- this is exactly what I feel inside of me, these are the movement my baby is doing. Kick, Kick, punch, punch.
Samantha, our neice, thought the babies were great. She was very fascinated by them and was upset when they cried. She ran over to the baby and was trying to help their Dad- he was trying to get the baby out of the carseat to feed, Samantha was right at his elbow. She found the toy on the seat and started pushing the buttons to have it sing and make noise, thinking that would help. It was really cute. She is going to be a great cousin.
For dessert we had homemade tiramisu and cupcakes- complete with lots of candles for me to blow out. It took me three tries to get all the candles out- my lung capacity has declined.
It was a really great day.
Today was also a good day. Sara and I did a little shopping for our new houses, hers will be done in a few weeks. It is always fun to have someone with you.
Then, this evening, Dan and I purchased our baby crib and dresser. I am going to try and post a picture of the crib. I was really excited when I saw this crib, it appealed to me more than any of the others we had seen. It is a convertible crib- it will change into a day bed and then a full bed.

I have some pale yellow paint swatches so now I have to pick the final color for the babies room. The bedding is lavender with a gold trim so I think that will accent it really well. Things are coming together!
4 comments:
Happy birthday to you! Glad everything went so well.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
I love the crib. Can't wait to see the nursery all decorated. Happy Birthday!
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!I love the crib too. I always told myself that if and when I have a baby that would be the crib I would get. Still can't wait to see the new house. If you need a baby sitter let me know.
Post a Comment