We have been in our house for almost a week now and things are really coming together. The house is gorgeous and we have had fun placing the furniture and some of the knick knacks. I took a few days off this past week and continued slowly unpacking. Almost all of the boxes are unpacked at this point! We haven't brought any of our wall decor over yet- it is still at Dan's parents house. We want to be sure of the furniture placement first, then we will try and decide where to put pictures. Everything seems to be working in the house so far which is a good step. Our bathroom shower is awesome. I wanted a shower seat put in so it is an extra large shower with a large seat. The shower head was raised to accomodate Dan's height and there is a really nice shower head. The result is like a spa shower- it is really wonderful.
The animals seem to like the house, especially Brie. She loves the staircase- she runs up and down it quite a bit. She has lots of rooms to explore and take naps, I didn't really see her much the first few days. Remi likes the house too- I think she would be pretty hapy anywhere we are. She too runs up and down the stairs-beware if you are climbing the stairs at the same time, make a path for Remi. Remi has also enjoyed our backyard- she has spent some time out there exploring. The backyard would be perfect if the dog that lives behind us didn't bark all the freaking time. Yes, all the time. I am tempted to start spraying the dog with a hose, or put fliers on the house door for Barkbusters, and citronella bark collars. Anytime Remi goes out- the dog barks non stop. Any time I am out- the dog barks non stop. Plus, all the other non stop barking. What an annoyance. I am surprised other neighbors haven't complained yet. I just hope no one thinks it is Remi doing the barking.
Since my car was broken into last week at Dan's parents' house, I have decided that I am going to allow Remi to do a fair amount of barking initially. Hopefully, that will make people wary. On Monday, I was sitting at the computer in the office ( front of the house) and I saw a van pull up and stop. I ran to change ( I was still in my pj's). Remi started barking ferociously- good for her- as they approached the door. Most times, she doesn't bark at people. Anyway, it was the surveyers, they had to do another survey. They cautiously looked at Remi and asked if there were any dogs in the backyard as they would be working around the house for a while. I guess she is intimidating to look at, which is fine by me.
I am hoping for cooler weather soon, as I want to do some gardening before I lose my flexibility completely. We have some big plans for gardens, so we shall see what happens, I think Dan may have to do more of the gardening- I have done it all in the past. I kept telling him this as he made more and more flower beds....
Baby Brown is growing rapidly, and so is my belly. I have also been really hungry this week. At first, I thought it was because I was active and unpacking. But, it persisted all week. I am at 22 weeks and BB( Baby Brown) should weigh about 1 pound. I am feeling her move a lot now, little kicks and punches. Dan has felt her too- which is really exciting for both of us. My sister's were in town last weekend, and we sat together on the couch for about 30 minutes with their hands on my belly waiting for movement. No luck, but they will be back this weekend for my birthday. Sara, my older sister,said she plans to be attached most of the weekend. She really wants to feel BB move.
3 comments:
That dog does bark a lot, and it's not a nice bark either. I must admit, Anth has employed the water hose technique on our neighbor dogs. Now they don't bark at him, at least, anymore! The Barkbusters flyer is not a bad idea, but maybe you should mail it, so they think it is part of a mass mail and not get defensive and never call just because a neighbor left it.
People, I can testify as an eye witness that the house looks great and the pets love it! And, Alissa's belly is pronounced. But, Remi is not intimidating! Ha ha, what a thought!
There is the old trick of drinking a cold Coke (or better- iced latte) just before you want someone to feel the kicks. I tried this for my cousin, who desperately wanted to feel the baby in my belly, but all the kicks were too deep. I hope your sis has better luck.
With 2 of my 3 babies if I layed on my L side the baby would get really active and roll around. Sugar and caffeine do usually work too.
I think that feeling the baby move has got to be the most exciting feeling in the world. It bring tears to my eyes just thinking of what that might feel like. I hope one day I will be able to experience mommy hood. If I come up to you with a iced latte or coke...you will know why...LOL (to see if it will sit on your belly)....
Post a Comment