Yesterday, Dan and I went in for my doctor's appointment and ultrasound. What an experience! Little Baby Brown was confirmed to be a little girl. We looked at her heart - all four chambers were present and the septum was complete. We looked at her spine- all normal. We saw arms and legs, but it was difficult to see her face again. She is shy, this little one. She was amazingly compacted- folded in half in the lower portion of my uterus at the time of the ultrasound. Her feet were up around her head, and her hands were on either side of her face. I don't think I was ever that flexible. Anyway, while she made it hard to see her face, we did get to see her open her mouth several times and she even stuck out her tongue!
Prior to my office visit, the baby was really active and I felt some big kicks- she must have been turning/contorting. While at the visit, I didn't really feel any movement- she appeared quite stuck. Of course, then I was anxious that she was really stuck, etc etc. However, I think I felt her turn last night- some big kicks and a rolling motion. Then she was active and kicking the rest of the evening.
I will try to get some pictures of the house this weekend - but it is hard to get good views of the rooms. We got our sofa in ( finally) and so now our living room is complete with furniture. I plan to do some painting this weekend- the spare bath and the babies room. I also want to buy a mattress for the crib so I can set up the bedding!
Funny story about Remi. Yesterday, Remi was out in the backyard for about an hour in the afternoon. A little unusual for her, but sometimes she enjoys the slightly cooler weather and sunbathes. Well, I went looking for her and she came to the door. I immediately thought her breath smelled foul- like fish oils. I was surprised because there hadn't been anything in our yard to eat and I didn't know what she could have gotten. I even looked around for trash wrappers, etc. Then I thought, maybe it is just bad breath. She wanted to go back out an hour later- and again she stayed out for a long time. When she came back in, her breath smelled worse- she walked up to the door and was panting- I could smell it while standing up. Yuck. What the heck?
Well, the answer came last night on our walk. We are in the country here ( of a sort) and it is cricket season- millions of them are everywhere. When you drive down the street at night, you here the crunching under the lights. Seriously there are crickets everywhere. Well, Remi wants to rid the world of some crickets. As we walked under the lights, the crickets were hopping around and Remi was diving after them, catching and eating as many as possible. She would also stick her nose in the grass and come up chewing/crunching. YUCK! I tried to stop her as much as I could, but it proved to be impossible. I kept thinking, she is going to have diarrhea tonight for sure. Who would have thought that crickets give you bad breath? but I have no other explanation.
Oh, I took the similar minds exercise, and I am like Hitler too.
2 comments:
Did you get any video? Reading and listening to your stories ALMOST makes me miss pregnancy. Just a little. Despite all the unfortunate events, being pregnant was awesome.
Crickets are gross. When we lived in Copperas Cove the HEB had an infestation of them on the outside of the building. We had to smell that nasty smell everytime we went to buy food.
Post a Comment