Sunday, May 18, 2008

5 year anniversary

15 weeks
This is the sweet little face that I see when I look in the crib in the morning and after naps. Isn't that smile gorgeous?

We had a really good week. Work went well for me- it was pretty busy so it kept me on my toes. Ainsley did well without me- she is taking her bottles well and she entertains Val and vice versa.

Dan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary this weekend. Dan took Friday off since our anniversary was the 17th so we did most of our celebrating on Friday. It was a gorgeous day- very cool in the morning, the 60s, and really sunny and pretty.

We all took a morning trip to Mozart’s Coffee shop on Lake Austin where we had a nice breakfast and coffee. We sat at a table right on the water and enjoyed the beautiful morning. Ainsley was alert and quiet, taking everything in. She fell asleep after we had been there for about an hour and she napped in her carseat. I took our laptop with us and did some records for work- it was a great place to relax and if you have to work, that was a good place to do it.

After Mozart’s, we took Ainsley to Town Lake and went on a brief walk. We saw some beautiful swans in the water; they even had some cute little babies. There were also some really pretty wildflowers- we took a few pictures. Ainsley was fascinated by the color of the flowers and was staring intently at them.

We took Ainsley to stay with my MIL for the afternoon/early evening and went to an early dinner. We went to a restaurant called Bee Caves Bistro for dinner. We got there at 5 pm and had the restaurant to ourselves. We had a nice, lingering meal- we had all the courses and took 2 hours to eat. The food was excellent and we also had a great bottle of wine. We picked Ainsley up in time for her usual bedtime and then had a quiet evening at home.

Ainsley continues to be cute and precious- here are some fun pictures. I have some videos of her on her play mat that are really cute, but I have to try and figure out how to upload them. She kicks and waves her arms like crazy- it is really amazing how much she can move and how strong she is.

Ainsley has started to explore my face with her hands and she sometimes places her hands on the sides of my face. It is so sweet! She likes to hold onto my hands and fingers too.
Another cute outfit!

4 comments:

Joey said...

Great pictures as usual. Happy Anniversary! I love going out for breakfast. I think I may like that more than going out for dinner. We just do it so very infrequently that it seems like a real treat when we do. I'll have to check out Mozart's. We have an anniversary coming up next week.

Vetmommy said...

Happy Anniversary! We always will remember you on Colin's birthday.

Dana said...

Working on work records at your anniversary breakfast? Seriously Alissa! Anyway, congratulations on 5-years. You are a most lovely family. BTW--you should update your profile; you and Dan are no longer expecting. Your profile picture should definitely have Ainsley in it.

ColeBugsmommy said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day together as a family!