May 2, 2008
Today is the last day of my maternity leave. It is very hard to believe 3 months have gone by so quickly.
As last days of freedom go, today was a really good day. I was up early with Ainsley and I got lots of good coos and smiles. She took a long morning nap and I watched some shows I recorded last night. I am pretty excited that TV shows are actually new again. When Ainsley woke up, I fed her and put her in a really cute outfit. She was pretty happy so I took a few pictures.

Ainsley went to Target for the first time today! She looked around the store and seemed interested in the lights and passing people. I had to get a few things and then I picked up a few groceries too since Ainsley was being so good. On the way home, I stopped at Wendy’s for lunch. and I treated myself to a spicy chicken sandwich. I have been eating at home for months- I have a sandwich for lunch almost every day, so the change was nice!
Ainsley fell asleep in the truck on the way home. I put her down in her crib and she slept for about an hour. When she got up she was really well rested and very happy! She was up for a long time this afternoon so we did a lot of different things: talked, played with her rattle, walked around outside, played on her matt, read some of a book, and walked and talked some more. I got a lot of smiles the entire time she was up! It really lights up her face when she smiles, and it just makes me so happy! I have to smile back and sometimes I just have to giggle at how happy she is and how happy she makes me feel.
She grabbed her rattle and held onto it for a really long time today for the first time. She was waving her arm around with the rattle and she brought the rattle to her mouth and held it in her hand as we walked around!
Today is the last day of my maternity leave. It is very hard to believe 3 months have gone by so quickly.
As last days of freedom go, today was a really good day. I was up early with Ainsley and I got lots of good coos and smiles. She took a long morning nap and I watched some shows I recorded last night. I am pretty excited that TV shows are actually new again. When Ainsley woke up, I fed her and put her in a really cute outfit. She was pretty happy so I took a few pictures.
Ainsley went to Target for the first time today! She looked around the store and seemed interested in the lights and passing people. I had to get a few things and then I picked up a few groceries too since Ainsley was being so good. On the way home, I stopped at Wendy’s for lunch. and I treated myself to a spicy chicken sandwich. I have been eating at home for months- I have a sandwich for lunch almost every day, so the change was nice!
Ainsley fell asleep in the truck on the way home. I put her down in her crib and she slept for about an hour. When she got up she was really well rested and very happy! She was up for a long time this afternoon so we did a lot of different things: talked, played with her rattle, walked around outside, played on her matt, read some of a book, and walked and talked some more. I got a lot of smiles the entire time she was up! It really lights up her face when she smiles, and it just makes me so happy! I have to smile back and sometimes I just have to giggle at how happy she is and how happy she makes me feel.
She grabbed her rattle and held onto it for a really long time today for the first time. She was waving her arm around with the rattle and she brought the rattle to her mouth and held it in her hand as we walked around!
She can suck both her left and right thumb and when she starts to get tired it seems that one of them finds its way into her mouth. She goes to sleep pretty easily now, I hold her until she is pretty tired and then I put her down. There is a little fussing when I lay her down until she finds her fingers and then she sucks her thumb until she falls asleep.
Tomorrow is the big day- my first day back at work. it should be nice to start back on a Saturday since it will be a half day.
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day - you have established a wonderful life with Ainsley. Good for you for recording it here. We are all looking forward to having you back at work, and the smiles Ainsley will give you at the end of the day will be so worth it!
Ditto what Jennifer said. Isn't amazing how much a child can enrich our lives?
Post a Comment