Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a really nice Thanksgiving at home. I cooked for some family at my house and we hosted Dan's parents and my cousin and his family. I made several things on Wednesday so I would not have as much to do Thursday- which worked out nicely. I was still really achy after standing in the kitchen so long on Wednesday though. Thursday, Dan and I played with Ainsley in the morning, then we got down to business and started the turkey and some sides. Ainsley actually slept in until 7:15, so we were unsuccessful in getting her to nap. We tried and she tried, but she could not fall asleep. Guests came over around 3 - I think Ainsley was also excited about that. She and Eliza ( my cousin's daughter) had a great time together. They jumped on the trampoline for a long time, then played upstairs too. A cold front blew in around 3:30 or so and the temperature dropped from 75 - 45 really quickly. The girls stayed out on the trampoline for quite a while though.

We had dinner at 4, everything was really yummy. Ainsley only ate a few carrots- she didn't even try anything else. Oh well.

After dinner, everyone helped me clean up ( thank goodness) and we sat down to visit and watch the Cowboys play on TV. Ainsley and Eliza ran around playing, then went back out on the trampoline for a long time. They did not care that it was quite chilly, especially with the wind/darkness.

We were just thinking about having dessert when Ainsley coughed/vomited. Unusual, but, trampoline maybe??? Well, 15 minutes later, she started vomiting profusely. It went everywhere. Poor baby. It was so awful. I grabbed her and tried to get her to my bathroom, but she vomited at least 5 times before we got there. The house was a huge mess. She was ill a few more times. Then she fell asleep. Everyone was sweet to help clean up- what a mess.

We still had dessert- pumpkin pie and blackberry/apple pie. My cousin left after dessert, but Dan's parents stayed and watched the Texas vs A&M game with us. I could not stay up to finish the game - I was too tired. I checked on Ainsley several times and she seemed to be sleeping well.

Ainsley was sick a few times overnight, and in the early morning. By mid morning- she was able to hold down gatorade and seemed a little perkier. She is still having some GI issues from this which we are hoping will go away soon. I thought we were really lucky since Dan and I did not come down with it over the weekend, but Dan was sick last night. Hopefully, I will not get it!

So, it was a great Thanksgiving until the very end.

We decorated for Christmas over the weekend- Ainsley had a blast decorating the tree with ornaments. She still goes up to it and moves some of them around. She loves the decorations in the house and the lights outside too. This is going to be a spectacular Christmas for us!

Ainsley has been saying that she has a baby in her tummy too. She wants us to feel him move and she points out where his head and feet are- it is so precious. She will touch my belly some, but I don't think she has actually felt the baby move because she takes her hands away too soon.

The furniture came in for the baby's room- but 2 out of 3 pieces were damaged so they will have to go back. They are ordering us more furniture- hopefully they will not be damaged. I was looking forward to getting everything set up.

My mom and sisters surprised me with a virtual baby shower last week. I got 3 packages in the mail full of baby boy clothes! It was so cool. I have not really gotten many boy outfits yet, now I am on my way. It is finally starting to feel real that the time for him to arrive is very soon.

I spent part of the weekend washing all the baby clothes and hanging them in the closet or putting them in the dresser. I also went through Ainsley's baby stuff and took out the stuff he can wear- the yellows/whites/greens. I also got a great big bag of stuff from Kelly with clothes he can use too!

No comments: