Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sad day

This week has been fairly rough at work. It started with illnesses and emergencies at work yesterday, then today brought sadness. It seems that the holidays always bring sick patients, or the end to those who have been fighting illness. I had 3 euthanasia's today at work, yes 3. All of them needed to be peacefully let go, but it was heartbreaking for everyone just the same. Two out of the three people really wanted to keep their pets going through the holidays and then let them go. Fortunately, they realized that the pets were suffering and let them go earlier. It is very hard to watch wonderful clients struggle with letting their longtime friends and companions go. The staff was very involved with the euthanasia's as several of them had been coming here for years- I think that meant a lot to the clients.

Hopefully, tomorrow will bring happier times.

2 comments:

ColeBugsmommy said...

It was a sad today. Everytime I turned around there was another yellow block on your schedule. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Vetmommy said...

You've had a tough week! Enjoy your mini holiday break.