Tuesday, April 29, 2008

12 weeks old

Ainsley has started to reach for objects that are near her. She can hit them and will sometimes grasp them too. I saw her grab her foot yesterday, she held onto it and was staring pretty hard. She will grab my fingers and try to take them to her mouth. She is starting to mouth more and more. She drools a lot now too and sometimes even blows bubbles. She stands really well when you support her upper body- she is so strong! She also holds her head really well. When I am holding her on my lap, I can pull her arms and there is no lapse with her head- she can hold it even with her body! She is also able to hold her head and upper body up with her arms when she is doing tummy time. I am still really careful and support her head regularly, but it is great to see her getting so strong!

Her eyelashes are amazingly long. There is one super long one on her right upper lid that is crooked, it always looks loose to me, but it is firmly attached. It is the longest eyelash on that eye by a few millimeters, but I do wonder why it is crooked. Her eyes are still a brilliant blue/grey- very pretty. Her hair is getting much longer, though it is thin on the sides. There is always a lot of hair in her crib, so much that I am amazed she still has so much on her head!

Aunt Sara came to visit over the weekend and Ainsley had a great time with her. Sara watched her Saturday afternoon so I could go shopping. I went to the mall and bought some new clothes- I can’t really remember the last time I went shopping. Sara and Ainsley read several books and played on her matt too. Sara really enjoyed hearing all the new noises Ainsley can now make and she got lots of smiles.



Sara brought Ainsley these adorable sunglasses!
Ainsley makes all kinds of noises now- there is an a, an ahh, and o and today she made a high pitched e. She talks all the time with lots of sounds, some long and some short, some high pitched and some low pitched. Sometimes it really seems that she will try to mimic what you say to her. You can see her working so hard to get a sound out- her mouth is moving and she is concentrating really hard.

She doesn’t really cry anymore when she wakes up in her crib, she starts talking to herself instead. I get a great big smile and lots of coos when she sees me.

She is often up for 2 hours at a time and is so much fun to play with. We do tummy time in the morning, then she plays on her matt with her toys. We have started to go outside on walks again too. She is much more content in her carseat for walks and car rides. She seems to enjoy looking around outside.

We went to the bookstore a few days ago and got some new books for Ainsley. We got several Dr Seuss books: The Cat in the Hat, Fox in Socks, Dr Seuss’s ABC, and Mr Brown Can Moo, Can you? We also got a bunch of Disney books that have the same pictures and characters as the movies. They are wonderfully illustrated and they are the perfect length for reading, not too long nor too short. We got Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Ratatouille, Lady and the Tramp, and Finding Nemo. I have really enjoyed reading all of the books and I think Ainsley enjoys them too.

No comments: