Saturday, March 15, 2008

Greatest cat ever!

Today, I went to work for our office Open House. I was there for 2.5 hours- a big trip out for me. Dan stayed home with the baby. I got up and had time to shower and actually put on makeup and fix my hair since Dan was with the baby. Then I put on my regular jeans for the first time–but there is still a little work to do to have them fit like they used to. I had a really good time at the open house. I was able to chat with a bunch of clients and my coworkers –usually I stop by during our regular hours so everyone is busy. It was nice to catch up with so many people. Even better was that a lot of people complimented me on how good I looked-I need to go out more often! Of course I took pictures of Ainsley to show those who were interested.

When I got home – I found Ainsley bathed, dressed and sound asleep. What a great Daddy! She was dressed in one of her fancy outfits because we are planning a big trip out tonight to an outdoor bbq honoring Dan’s parents. They became official US citizens this week.

Remi is doing well- her urinary infection has cleared up and she only has to get 1 more injection. The adrenal tests that I did came back normal! We have a consultation with a surgeon next week to see if her vulva formation is a problem. At this point, I think a surgery to fix her vulva would be well worth it if it resolves the problems.

I have to say I think Brie is the greatest cat ever! Dan found a growth on her left side last week. I felt it- it was about the size of a pea, firm and just under the skin. I was really worried because cats do not get nearly as many skin masses as dogs, and when they get them, they are less likely to be benign. Of course I was thinking about the bad timing of Brie maybe needing to go to the clinic for stuff too and I was scared of all the problems my pets are now getting. I was thinking of bloodwork, then possible surgery to clean her teeth and remove the mass. I had the stuff at home that I needed to aspirate the mass, so I did that this morning. I was planning on Dan holding her for me, but I never found a time we were both free. So, I aspirated her growth by myself (hence me thinking she is the greatest cat). I poked her twice- the first time I redirected the needle several times. The second time I felt a small gush of fluid and then the mass was gone. It was a cyst and so very unlikely to cause any problems, whew, relief. Brie did not squirm or let out a peep in protest- what a good girl.

4 comments:

ColeBugsmommy said...

It was great to see you, even though we didn't have much of a chance to talk.

Joey said...

You do look really great. I'm glad you made it to the Open House. I agree, Brie is pretty awesome. Just makes me want a cat even more.

Vetmommy said...

Sounds like everyone is behaving at your house! Congrats to Dan's parents. I know my dad was thrilled to finally get to vote (even though I pretty much cancel it out everytime).

Dana said...

Congrats to Dan's parents. How exciting for them...now they know more American history and things about government than any of us do! Gee...I wonder if they passed the English test???