Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby TV





Ainsley is now 7 weeks old! My Mom arrived yesterday for a week long visit! She was very happy to see Ainsley and of course she thought she had changed immensely. My mom and I plan to have a nice and relaxing week together.

Ainsley went with me to pick my Mom up from the airport. She was sleeping when I put her in the carseat, I was hoping she would stay asleep. No such luck. She woke up and started to scream and continued to cry until we started moving. She fell back asleep pretty quickly on the way to the airport and slept until we got home. Phew- it is horrible hearing her scream while driving and knowing there isn’t anything you can do.

Ainsley smiled at me a few times yesterday- she was in a happy mood! She is focusing on us more and more and is starting to be happier when she is awake. She still does not smile regularly or all the time, but I am sure that will happen soon.

I find myself staring at Ainsley’s face all the time- when she is awake and when she is sleeping. This is often my entertainment and I call it my Baby TV! She has an amazing number of expressions, most of them occur during sleep and that is what I find most fascinating. She has a happy face in which she has big smiles. She has worried face with a frown. She has a sad face in which she scrunches up and will sometimes even cry. Her eyes will flutter and open at different times during sleep too. I also can’t help but stare at her features which are getting more developed every day. Her eyelashes are starting to grow and get really long. Her cheeks are rosy and full and her lips are full and red! Her eyes are very big and beautiful as they try to take in as much as possible!

2 comments:

ColeBugsmommy said...

That is so funny! I always watched Cole for hours, studying every feature..still do. When my friend Molly would call and ask what I was doing, I'd say "watching baby TV"!

Vetmommy said...

Those first smiles are so rewarding! She is only 7 weeks old, and I can tell, time is already flying!

Have a great week with your mom.