Ainsley Elizabeth

Right after she was born.




The family!


Ainsley decided she wanted to join the world a little early- she joined us on February 5th at 5:25 pm. I woke up at 1 am Monday morning when my water broke. Dan and I got up and took our time getting ready for the trip to the hospital. We already had most things packed, we just added a few last minute items. I was having some cramping, but no severe/long contractions yet.
We arrived at the hospital at 3: 30 am and I was admitted after an exam and some tests by a nurse. I was having regular contractions but the frequency varied a fair amount from4-6 minutes. The contractions started in earnest around 7 am or so- they were pretty regular and painful. They progressed through the morning. Around noon- I asked for my epidural. After that- things moved relatively quickly. Ainsley was born at 5:25 pm. She weighed 8 lbs 8.6 oz and was 21.5 inches long. Everyone was surprised by how big she was, but she is nice and healthy, and of course beautiful. She has a full head of black hair and long eyelashes. Her eyes are currently blue- though I am pretty sure they will change to brown or hazel.
She has been an excellent baby so far- very content and already nursing ( yeah!). I have not gotten much sleep over the past few days and hope to gradually catch up. A lot of the not sleepingis from me being nervous/overtired and being in the hospital.
Here are some pictures.
Right after she was born.
She looks just like her Dad did in his first baby picture. Check out that hair!
The proud and very excited Daddy! Happy and tired Mom.

The proud and very excited Daddy! Happy and tired Mom.





The family!
5 comments:
She's so beautiful! I'm really happy for you both and I'm looking forward to meeting her soon. Three little girls all about the same age....I can see some fun vacations in our future.
I'm so glad that I got to meet her. I hope you get some much needed sleep and have a wonderful time bonding.
You forgot to mention that you straightened your hair before you left for the hospital! That still cracks me up. She is a beautiful girl and I'm very glad she's here. Good luck on that sleep!
Again, congratulations! I have to say, you look absolutely beautiful in the picture of you in your hospital bed looking down at Ainsley. You have a mix of love/satisfaction in your face. No one should look that good after giving birth!
What a great post! Those are great pictures. She looks great. The one of you and and your sisters is funny - you and Celine are giving eachother the same expression!
I can't wait to meet her in person, hopefully I can come by and visit next week?
Post a Comment