Saturday, February 2, 2008

Last Day of Work

Today was officially my last day of work for a while. My maternity leave starts Monday. The last week of work went pretty well, it was fairly slow around the office and not too stressful. Good for my back, bad for keeping me busy. Today was a pretty good day- I saw several of my really good clients and they all expressed good wishes to me and the baby.

No more work seems to make it even more official that we will have a baby soon!

I saw my doctor yesterday and she gave me the distinct impression that next week may be the week. She thought I would be ok over the weekend, but did not seem to think I would be back next Friday for my regular check up. Very exciting! Hopefully, I won't be disappointed. She palpated my abdomen and said I am all baby. She is estimating the baby to be about 7.5 pounds. I am still having regular contractions though they are not painful, just uncomfortable.

I would love to have the baby sometime next week- that way I can be well rested when she arrives and I will have most of my maternity leave to spend with baby brown!

I have received a fair amount of advice on things to try to help induce labor - I definitely plan to stay active and walk daily.

Exciting times!

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Exciting, indeed. Can't wait to meet her and hear her name.

Julie said...

Joe and I are looking forward to meeting her. We're thinking of you!