Ainsley continues to be a happy and healthy baby. She is talking to us all the time and smiles regularly. I have fun reading her stories, especially the Dr Seuss books as she coos in response to my voice. I think she really likes the rhymes and cadence to the stories. I need to get some more books though, as I have almost memorized the few that we have.
Ainsley has started to suck her thumb more too. I think this really helps to soothe her- she does it to get to sleep and when she is just waking up. It is pretty cute to see her sucking her thumb, she looks pretty content.
Ainsley is moving her arms and legs with more determination and coordination now too. She is trying to reach for objects that she sees above her. She seems to be seeing a lot better and is focusing on moving objects like her mobile and ceiling fans. She seems to be making some new sounds too- an aahh and longer and different toned coos.
I can not believe my maternity leave is almost over. The first 2 months seemed to go by fairly slow and the last month has flown by. Now, I am constantly thinking that I am on my last two weeks of leave. I am trying to get as much done as possible in the last two weeks. I have been to my doctor, the dentist, and I am having my hair done too.
I have a cute picture of her sucking her thumb but I am having trouble with Blogger uploading it. I will try again later.
2 comments:
I can't believe your maternity leave is almost over either, but we are looking forward to having you back!
Enjoy every minute you have left. I hope coming back isn't too much of a shock!
Post a Comment