I met my new doctor yesterday afternoon. She seemed really nice and friendly and I think she will be good for me. She is the newest doctor at a practice of 5 female OBGyns, having just finished her residency. Thank you all for your advice and information on doctors, all the doctors at this practice seemed to be recommended ( which is good, since who knows which one will deliver my baby). I tried to get an appointment with Dr Scheider, since that is who the majority of you recommended, but I would have had to wait too long for an appointment. I really wanted an appointment as soon as possible so that I can say I have a doctor in case something happens. Dr Hart- the doctor I saw- was very highly recommended by a labor and delivery nurse at Seton Southwest. She said she was her number one choice- which I think is pretty high praise from a nurse.
Dan and I went to Seton Southwest for a tour of the maternity ward last week. I was impressed with the size of the labor and delivery suites and the hospital itself was finished very nicely. We also went to a meet the pediatricians night on Monday and met with 3 women pediatricians. I liked all of them quite a bit and so we will just have to pick one.
Starting last week, I noticed that the baby's kicks are much stronger. You can actually see the kicks when you look at my belly. Also, she is starting to push and roll- you can feel elbows and knees sticking out for a few seconds. I have to say this is one of the weirdest sensations to feel within me and with my hand. It makes me laugh and kind of cringe at the same time. Last weekend, I went to bed earlier than Dan and was almost asleep when he came in. When he came to bed, he put his hand on my belly and I remember him saying- how can you sleep through this? Apparently baby brown was "playing racquetball" in my belly. Dan had not felt movement quite that aggressive yet, so he was amazed.
4 comments:
How neat...I can't believe that you are 7 months already. Thanks for sharing these moments with us.
I'm glad you liked your new Dr. My first obgyn had just passed her boards, and she joked, "I know more about obgyn right now then I will ever know!!!" Often new docs are also pretty motivated to deliver their own patients, too.
It is amazing how active and stretchy they get. Growing a baby is exhausting, though, that's why you sleep so well!
I miss those movements. Now is when she is most active. As she gets bigger, there's less room to move and the activity changes. 7 mos is definitely the most acrobatic. I remember when John finally felt a strong movement from Faith...he put his cheek on my belly and she kicked him HARD. He started referring to her as his "little soccer player".
I'm so happy you liked the new doctor. I'm so excited, only a few more months until we get to meet the little one!
Post a Comment