On Friday, Sara surprised me with appointments at a day spa for a spa pedi treatment. This was an extensive massage and rub down of your feet and calves- just what I needed! The spa was very nice and not too crowded on the day after Thanksgiving. We were able to sit in a room together to share the experience.
The Treatment:
First, I soaked my feet in a foot spa with lots of bath beads. Then, I got an herbal scrub of my feet and calves- I chose lavender and boy did it smell good! The scrub was washed off. Then, a nice lotion was applied. (All of this with nice, massaging motions). Next came a paraffin dip- never had one before, but it sure made my feet soft! After the paraffin dip they put a plastic bag over my feet and then warm foot shaped towels. My feet were elevated and the therapists left the room for a few minutes. The therapists returned and removed the paraffin wax. You could actually see that the skin looked nice and soft. Finally, I got a hot stone massage on my feet and calves- I had never had one of those either- but it was really nice! Last, a nice smelling lotion was applied. What a wonderful treat!
The rest of the day was spent relaxing at Sara's house. We watched the UT vs Texas A&M football game, ate turkey leftovers and just hung out.
My younger sister was able to come by for a few hours to visit Friday evening so that was nice too. She is currently working nights at the hospital so she is busy, busy. Both sisters were able to feel baby brown moving around and kicking-a wonderful sensation.
1 comment:
How great that the "Aunties" got to feel their new niece. I know my sisters felt bonded to Anna before she was even born.
Post a Comment